Luxury Rail Trail Tours Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- A confirmation deposit is required to secure your Luxury Rail Trail Tour booking. Credit Card details will be held as security until payment is made. Confirmations may be received either verbally or in writing. Payment can be made by Internet Banking, International Bank Transfer, Credit Card or New Zealand Cheque.
- Payment in full must be received at least 30 days prior to your booking commencing. For bookings made within 30 days of departure full payment is required as confirmation of your Luxury Rail Trail Tour.
- Cancellation outside 60 days of departure: Luxury Rail Trail Tours Limited will retain 10% of the total cost of your booking.
- Cancellation between 60 - 30 days of departure: Luxury Rail Trail Tours Limited will retain 50% of the total cost of your booking and 50% will be refunded into a New Zealand bank account of your choice or reversed into your PayPal account.
- Cancellation within 30 days of departure: You will receive no refund for cancellation within 30 days of your booking commencing.
- Cancellation after commencement of booking: You will receive no refund once your booking has commenced.
- Cancellation due to bereavement or health reasons will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
- Amendments: Upon confirmation of your Luxury Rail Trail Tour Itinerary you agree you are happy with the arrangements detailed in your itinerary. If at a later date your plans change and you wish to amend your itinerary there will be a $50.00 administration charge. Amendments may include; changing dates, amending numbers, amending transport options.
1. I agree that I am solely and absolutely responsible for the care and safe keeping of all equipment hired from Luxury Rail Trail Tours (“the Equipment”) for the duration of this agreement.
If the Equipment is lost or damaged, (including without limitation; loss or damage arising from fire, accident, theft, collision, misuse and normal maintenance as you would carry out on your own bike).
I agree to compensate Luxury Rail Trail Tours for the full cost of repairing such damage or replacing the Equipment, regardless of the cause of such loss or damage, including the costs of enforcing this release.
2. I accept cycling and associated activities have inherent risks, and can be dangerous.
I understand that these risks include (but not limited to): illness, navigational difficulties, rough riding conditions, poor weather, and collisions, all of which may occur in isolated areas.
I agree and accept all risks, and will not hold Luxury Rail Trail Tours Limited or Cycle Surgery Rail Trail Limited or any of their employees or agents responsible or make any claim against them (including claims arising from negligence) for any direct or indirect injury or damage to myself or my property in the course of my use of the Equipment or my association with Luxury Rail Trail Tours or Cycle Surgery Rail Trail Limited or their employees or agents.
I agree that any claim in respect of any damage and /or injury to other persons and/or property arising from my use of the Equipment is my/our responsibility and not the responsibility of Cycle Surgery Rail Trail Ltd or their employees or agents and here by indemnify Luxury Rail Trail Tours or Cycle Surgery Rail Trail Limited against any loss, damage or claims whatsoever arising against them as a result of my use of the Equipment.
3. I understand that Luxury Rail Trail Tours has the right to resell tour if I have not paid in full by the due date.
4. Luxury Rail Trail Tours regrets that no refund can be given under any circumstances once the hire period has commenced.
However, where possible alternative arrangement will be negotiated and if there’s a problem, we’ll go out of our way to fix it.
5. I understand that New Zealand law requires the use of bicycle helmets and I agree to wear a cycle helmet at all times I am using the bicycle.
I agree to use the equipment in a lawful, safe and proper manner at all times and understand that my behaviour whilst undertaking the use of the hired Equipment affects the risks that I maybe exposed to. I agree that Luxury Rail Trail Tours and Cycle Surgery Rail Trail Ltd has no control over these risks.
6. I accept that Luxury Rail Trail Tours and Cycle Surgery Rail Trail Ltd is not responsible for damage, expense, inconvenience or injury related to schedule changes or events outside its control.
7. I am physically fit and there is no medical or other reason why I should not participate in the activity of cycling.
In the event that I require medical treatment I agree that it is my responsibility to seek and obtain any necessary medical treatment, at my own expense and that Luxury Rail Trail Tours and Cycle Surgery Rail Trail Ltd is in no way responsible for seeking, obtaining or meeting the cost of any medical treatment whatsoever.
8. I am 18 years of age or older.
I agree that the New Zealand laws apply: that this contract is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts; and that this release is binding on my family, heirs and legal assigns and on my administrators and/or executors. I have read and understand these terms and conditions before signing. I agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
All clients must be insured to cover this type of adventure holiday. We strongly recommend that clients provide their own travel insurance to cover their expenses in cases of unforeseen circumstances. Our Luxury Rail Trail Tours On Trail Guarantee covers the insurance for your Luxury Hire Bike during your hire period.
10. Your booking is accepted on the basis that you acknowledge that you have read, understand and accept our terms and conditions.
Disclaimer - Terms, prices and conditions are all subject to change without notice, prior to booking.